Daniel J. Brown, CPA, a local firm with
25 years experience
Dan provides income tax preparation and
planning services and IRS representation.
He counsels clients on business start-ups, divorce,
estate issues, retirement and college planning, and
many other tax and financial matters.
Through exceptional service, Dan builds lasting
relationships with clients. Many have
been returning since the firm was
established and children of clients have become clients
themselves. Clients who move from the
area often continue having him prepare their taxes; many
live in foreign countries and in states other than Illinois.
Understand Your Tax Opportunities and
"I have seen people overpay taxes by
thousands of dollars
they made uninformed
Dan wants prevent such situations. He offers tax
advice after considering clients' circumstances and
gladly answers their questions. A sample of what
he's been asked:
- I am starting a new business, what expenses
can I deduct? Or, I will be an
independent contractor, what can I deduct? Should
I make estimated tax payments?
- I made nondeductible contributions to my
traditional IRA in the past but never told my tax
preparer. Is that OK?
- I had a high income for many years
and put a lot in my retirement
account; but I have not worked this past
year; are there tax
- I am self-employed. What's the best way
for me to save for my children's college? To pay for
medical expenses? What retirement plans can I
- I received a small inheritance. How much income tax
will I need to pay on it?
- It looks like higher tax rates are
coming. Should I convert my retirement accounts to a
- I changed jobs. Should I rollover my 401(k)
or use it to pay bills? Should I use it
for my child's tuition?
- My widowed mother named me executor of her estate; when
she passes, what should I do?
- I have a bank account overseas and pay
income tax to the foreign country. Does it
affect my federal tax return?
- Should I sell my appreciated rental property or
do a like-kind exchange?
- My income is too high for me to qualify for an
education credit; can my child take the
- I am a minister. How is my self-employment
tax calculated? What's covered by my
- My soon-to-be-ex wants the exemptions for the
children. How much are the exemptions worth?
- The divorce is not final and we are living
apart. Should we file jointly or
- My child's college tuition and fees were paid by
scholarships; am I eligible for any education credits?
- If I take a home office deduction, am I
more likely to be audited? Do I qualify?
- I hired someone to take care of my children. What
payroll taxes do I have to pay and how do I pay them?
- My spouse and I created trusts to reduce estate taxes and
avoid probate. Should we file returns for
- When I die my estate will be taxable. What can I do
now to minimize the tax?
- I receive money every month from my ex-spouse. Is
- I exercised stock options and sold the stock; how do
I figure the taxable gain?
Appointments are available year round 9:30 am to 7:30
pm Monday through Thursday and 9:30 am to 3:30 pm Friday
and Saturday. Call
630 629-4400 to
schedule an appointment.
Near Oakbrook Shopping Center
1S443 Summit Avenue, Suite 205
Oakbrook Terrace, Illinois 60181
630 932-7180 fax